To fulfil your order, you must provide us with certain information such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide us with additional personal information (for a personalised order of jewellery, for example), via the product order or by direct contact.
We rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
· When we use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support.
· When you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for our mailing list and newsletter.
· If necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law.
· As necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests, such as providing and improving our services. We use your information to provide the services you requested and in our legitimate interest to improve our services.
· From time to time, we may make sections of our mailing list available to carefully selected companies whose products and services may be of interest to you. We will only include your information if you have specifically given your consent when creating an account or placing an order. We will also give you the chance to refuse any marketing email from us.
Information about our customers is important to our business. We share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
Service providers. We engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to our business, such as delivery companies and third party suppliers. We will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform their services.
Business transfers. If we sell or merge the business, we may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
We may collect, use, retain, and share your information if we have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce our agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of our customers, or others.
We may use technology to track the patterns of behaviour of visitors to our site. This can include using a "cookie" which would be stored on your browser. You can usually modify your browser to prevent this happening. The information collected in this way can be used to identify you unless you modify your browser settings.
We may store and process your information through
third-party hosting services in the US and other jurisdictions. As a result, we
may transfer your personal information to a jurisdiction with different data
protection and government surveillance laws than your jurisdiction. If we are
deemed to transfer information about you outside of the EU, we rely on Privacy
Shield as the legal basis for the transfer.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. we describe these rights below:
Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the contact information below.
Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict our use of, or delete your personal information. Except in exceptional circumstances (like where we are required to store data for legal reasons) we will generally delete your personal information upon request.
Object. You can object to (i) our processing of some of your information based on our legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from us after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, we will delete your personal information unless we have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Fiona Elliott, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternately, you may contact me by post at: The Studio, 3 Swinford Cottages, Swinford, Witney, Oxon OX29 4BY